GateMaster®provides a fail-safe method of ensuring that required information is logged for every vehicle entering or exiting your facility.
Andrews International (AI) developed GateMaster® to effectively process and store truck and trailer data upon arrival and departure from our customers' distribution centers and truck yards.
How GateMaster® Works
Upon a truck or trailer arriving at the gate, the access control security officer enters each element of required information on a handheld data input device. The device is enabled for wireless, cellular, and scanning capabilities and allows the officer to quickly input data into the following pre-programmed fields:
- Inbound or Outbound Tracking
- Vehicle Class
- Condition of the Trailer (right side)
- Driver's License (scanning the license to check for expiration and proper CDL Class)
- Bill of Lading Number
- Seal Status & Number
- Tractor & Trailer Numbers
- License Plate Data
Once the security officer completes all data fields and presses SUBMIT, the entered data is transferred wirelessly to a central processing computer in the gatehouse, which controls gate access by sending an electronic signal to a gate actuator. Upon receipt and verification of all required data, the gate opens automatically, allowing the truck to proceed, then automatically closes behind the truck after the truck clears the gate.
Benefits of GateMaster®
- Control and Monitoring – Trucks cannot advance until all required data is entered, ensuring all trucks are properly logged and accounted for.
- Immediate Screening Before Admittance – Truck drivers are screened before they can gain access, and exceptions immediately register on the officer's data device, such as expired license, license/vehicle classification mismatch, or "individual not authorized to enter yard."
- Improved Process Times – More effective processing reduces delays and traffic buildup, alleviating bottle-necking at peak periods.
- Effective Management and Oversight – GateMaster®
generates an accurate digital record for all vehicles,
searchable by a variety of key information points.
- Enhanced Communication – The system centralizes all data and notification information for easy access and pass-along capabilities — no more notes posted that officers may or may not see.
- Reporting Made Easy – The central processing computer stores relayed data that can be filtered for customized reporting capabilities.
About Andrews International, Inc.
Andrews International, Inc., headquartered in Los Angeles, California, is an industry-leading full service provider of security and risk mitigation services. Through local offices in the United States and Latin America and nearly 150 strategic partners around the world, the company provides security services to a wide range of business sectors in all 50 states and internationally to many of the Fortune 500. The firm's portfolio of services includes uniformed security, consulting and investigations, personal protection, special event security, training, alarm monitoring and response, and disaster and emergency response services. For more information, please visit the Andrews International website at www.andrewsinternational.com.