OSHA compliance made easy with
Red Box AlertSM
Red Box AlertSM is an easy-to-use, low-cost system that enables security officers to provide portable fire extinguisher inspection services as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Employers are responsible for maintenance, inspection, and testing of portable fire extinguishers in the workplace, per OSHA regulations. Many employers contract out this work to companies in the fire extinguisher maintenance business. Andrews International (AI) developed Red Box AlertSMto support performance of this important safety function by site security personnel, eliminating the need for clients to outsource the work to a separate contractor.
Automatic Reminder System and Reporting
Red Box AlertSM uses digital communications technology to provide reminders to track, update, upgrade, and complete other tasks related to fire extinguisher maintenance. Security officers use a handheld communicator to record the inspection of each extinguisher on the tour. Using the communicator, the officer responds to a series of inspection questions and requirements. The security officer's responses are recorded into a database, which provides a real-time record of the inspection. Any equipment malfunctions or irregularities are instantly identified and reported, so you can quickly remedy the problem.
Red Box AlertSM features ensure
- unit is in proper location, visible, and accessible;
- safety seals and tamper indicators are intact;
- pin is in place;
- pressure gauge is green;
- extinguisher is full;
- hose is clear of obstruction; and
- inspection tag is current.
Benefits of Red Box AlertSM
- Reliability – provides assurance that portable fire extinguisher equipment is being properly monitored
- Accountability – improves data accuracy, minimizes potential for human error through scanning feature, and provides audit trail
- Reduced cost – eliminates the need to hire separate contractors for security service and fire extinguisher maintenance
- Compliance – ensures compliance with OSHA regulations and organizational requirements
- Ease of use – features user-friendly interface and universal access from any location
- Real-time alerts – includes scheduling tools that simplify maintenance for all extinguishers
- Time-stamped – accommodates outdoor locations
- Effective oversight – reveals trends so that measurements can be taken to reduce incidents
- Streamlined processes – eliminates unnecessary paper-work and handwritten logs
About Andrews International, Inc.
Andrews International, Inc., headquartered in Los Angeles, California, is an industry-leading full service provider of security and risk mitigation services. Through local offices in the United States and Latin America and nearly 150 strategic partners around the world, the company provides security services to a wide range of business sectors in all 50 states and internationally to many of the Fortune 500. The firm's portfolio of services includes uniformed security, consulting and investigations, personal protection, special event security, training, alarm monitoring and response, and disaster and emergency response services. For more information, please visit the Andrews International website at www.andrewsinternational.com.